My internship at DHR has now concluded. Today I cleaned out my desk. This season of my life is over…It’s not to say I may not come back sometime in the future- I might have to check up on some of these workers. Make sure they are behaving ;)
This internship was nothing like I thought it would be. It’s had its ups. It’s had its downs. It’s had its frustrating moments. It’s had it moments of laughter. It’s had its exciting moments. It’s had its extremely boring moments. It’s had its entertaining moments. It’s had its adventurous moments. It’s had its friendship building moments.
I’m glad I got this experience. I got to meet alot of new people, reconnected with an old friend, and connected more with a current friend. How great is that?
There are definitely alot of memories:
- Getting lost trying to find my way through the building and not being able to get back in the building after lunch on the first day.
- Ah! And those policies books and DVDs. Let’s not dwell on that part. ;)
- Supervised visits
- Jess and Jojo time- What would I have done without her!?
- Walter the Security Guard- He is so funny! Always made me smile. :D
- Police pulling out there guns during a home visit (not as dramatic as it sounds…but it was a little exciting).
- Worker having car trouble on the way to a home visit and had to get a Police Officer to jump the car.
- A client telling the court that the other intern and I were “not professional”- It was so laughable!
- Doing my first home study.
- My battles with the copier when I had to copy entire case files for court. There was bloodshed. (I won the battle in the end. Dominate!:).
Now, I’m graduating on Sunday. May 19, 2013 @ 3:00pm. Finally! Then I can write my name as:
JoAnna Hernandez, BSW
So grateful that Jesus has carried me this far through all my schooling, and I know He will continue to carry me as I go for my Masters next. Then I’m done with school. Oh happy day!!!! :D